Monday 8 January 2018

Muse Challenge #248 - Sunny Florals on Teal

Hi there

I'm here to kick off the first challenge of 2018 over at Muse and I'm delighted that it's my turn to be your designer.

The idea of the Muse challenge is to use the designer's creation as inspiration for your own project.  You can use any element(s) to inspire you, e.g. colours, theme, technique, layout, etc.

In recent months I've been inspired by many cards that Yana Smakula has created using coloured pencils on dark cardstock, so wanted to have a go at this myself using my Polychromos, and I'm really pleased with the result.



I chose teal cardstock as my base and stamped the sentiment and florals in VersaMark before heat embossing in gold.  I then coloured the flowers and leaves with my coloured pencils before trimming slightly and adhering the panel to my card base.

Here's a closer view...




Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Sincerest Thanks, To You With Love
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Coloured Cardstock: From an assortment by Stampin' Up

Challenge entries:

Simpy Create Too - Challenge #134 - Embossing
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #62 - Flowers
Just Us Girls - Challenge #422 - Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes





Thanks so much for visiting today.  I hope my card will inspire you to play along at Muse this week.

10 comments:

  1. Quite uniquie colors. I do love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a gorgeous card. The gold embossing is awesome. A beautiful layout and design - so classy and elegant!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Flowers Challenge!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coloring on that teal! Turned out beautiful. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Anita,
    what a very wonderful card and yourdesign is very beatiful.
    Love the gorgeous flowere and your super heat embossed sentiment.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Cheallenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently CASEing this card for a Muse entry! This is such a gorgeous card, and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new Year Anita! I saw this card over at Muse and thought it was lovely! Also, love the way you photographed it! Awesome job all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! The colors on this are AMAZING!!! Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful, love it! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...